Submitting My Items
Step 1: Confirm Signature
Verify that the autograph(s) is listed on our Fee Schedule at www.SpenceLOA.com. The experience of our authenticators allows them to opine on a far greater selection of individuals than is possible to be listed, therefore if the autograph is not listed, e-mail us at info@SpenceLOA.com or call our office at 888-4-JSPENCE.
Step 2: Download Submission Form
Step 3: Complete Submission Form
A thoroughly completed submission form is essential so your item(s) can be processed in a timely fashion.
Please take notice to the following points of interest:
- Complete all personal information including your current shipping address, day and evening phone numbers, e-mail address, and method of payment (major credit card, money order, or check).
- Refer to the back of your submission form to determine your shipping/handling charge. All submissions will be returned to you via UPS unless requested otherwise. If you would like shipping to be charged to your UPS or FedEx account, please provide your account number.
- The declared value is used to for insurance purposes only. A way to determine the declared value is estimate an amount you either paid for the item or believe it is worth if it would be deemed authentic. We can not assist with determining this value until we examine the item in our office.
- Calculate the total charge by adding the submission fee(s), the shipping/handling, and insurance charges using the table on the back of the submission form. We reserve the right to adjust any incorrect totals to reflect our current fees and/or inadequate shipping charges.
- Check one box reflecting your preference for the placement of the certification label (On your item or on your LOA). Our Basic Certification Program requires the label be placed directly on the item.
- It is mandatory for you to sign the bottom of your submission allowing James Spence Authentication permission to examine your item. We will not process your submission unless a signed form accompanies it.
Step 4: Shipping Your Submission
It is best to protect your collectible with bubble wrap or suitable packing material to prevent any damage while in transit. Place the wrapped item into a box that is sized to prevent shifting. Fill the remaining empty portions of the box with newspaper or packing peanuts. Before sealing, be sure to include the completed submission form and payment in full with your item. (Retain the pink copy of your submission form for your records). You may select a carrier of your choice to ship the item to our office.
* The authentication of previously signed autographs is not an exact science and the possibility for error does exist. James Spence Authentication does not claim accuracy of its results 100% of the time. There is no express guarantee in connection with the James Spence Authentication Service and James Spence Authentication disclaims any liabilities for errors.
Items Not Accepted
Due to handling and space limitations, we cannot accept all items (listed below) through the mail or package carrier service. However, these cumbersome items can be examined during a scheduled office visit, house call, or show appearance. Please phone us (888-4-JSPENCE) if you have a specific request or circumstance.
- Framed Items: All items must be removed from their frame before being submitted
- Heavy Items: Defined as a single object weighing more than 30 lbs.
- Large Items: Large trophies, furniture, guitars, or other odd shaped objects including hockey sticks
Items in Holders or Shrink-Wrap
If you ship your collectible enclosed in a holder or shrink-wrap, please be advised that your item may be removed for examination. Upon completion of the examination process, your item will be placed into its original holder, but will not be recovered in shrink-wrap. In the event your baseball or 3"x 5", 5" x 7" or 8" x 10" photograph or cut arrives without a protective holder, one will be provided at no additional charge.
Depending upon demand and authenticators schedules and unless otherwise advised, turnaround time is typically ten to twenty business days once your submission is received in our office. This does not include transit time for returning the item back to you. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your order unless the time has exceeded twenty business days. For your protection we do not provide information concerning results of the authentication process over the phone or by e-mail. A detailed examination letter will be included with your returned shipment. If you have any questions regarding the results after you receive your item back, please feel free to call our office.